Thursday, August 10, 2006

Official Sleep Day

sleep n. A natural periodic state of rest for the mind and body, in which the eyes usually close and consciousness is completely or partially lost, so that there is a decrease in bodily movement and responsiveness to external stimuli. During sleep the brain in humans and other mammals undergoes a characteristic cycle of brain-wave activity that includes intervals of dreaming.

day n. The period of light between dawn and nightfall; the interval from sunrise to sunset.

Hunter's definition of sleep day: An un-natural period of rest for the mind and body, in which the eyes usually close and consciousness is completely or partially lost. This period of time lasts from sunrise to sunset and is only disturbed by periodic requests for food.


How come I was not notified that today was an official sleep day. I could have gotten so much more done today...maybe even got some sleep myself.

Comments:
Noah did the same thing yesterday! It. was. AWESOME! I cleaned, and napped, and ran errands. I thought for sure he wouldn't sleep that night, but he most certainly did! I slept from 9-7 with only 2 short nursing sessions which I mostly slept through! I'm a new woman today!
 
Yeah. I, too, keep waiting for the Sleep Memo... but no go from the Xanster.
 
There really should be some kind of formal signal or something.

It's just not fair.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?